Monday, September 26, 2011

Patience

pa·tience


1 .the quality of being patient,  as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint,   loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2 .an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

I am feeling frustrated today.  There is no other reason, but my lack of patience.  I am feeling pretty well today.  I had a few times of feeling rough over the weekend, but it has passed.  Yet, I still feel annoyed.  I had my weekly labs done yesterday and they told me they would call me last night.  I still haven't heard from them.  I tried to call them and they said that they will have someone call me.  I am frustrated because I need to know the results, so that I can plan my week.  Will I be able to work this week or not?  I have other people who need to now if they need to work this week.  As I read the definition of patience, I realize how self centered I am being.  Things are not going the way I want and I don't like it.  I am focused too much on "ME".  Patience is something that the Lord is teaching me through this journey and today I realize how far I have to go.  Patience is a fruit of the Spirit that I want God to develop in my life.  However, I know that desire will bring about trying circumstances.  James 1:2-4 says:  
 2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
 4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

If I let patience have her perfect work I will be complete, lacking nothing.  This sounds like something I want to attain to.  I want to be able to do all things without complaining.  When I take time to refocus on what really matters and who God is,  the little things that frustrate me no longer matter so much.  I want to spend my  time being thankful instead of complaining.   Lord please help me to do this today and everyday.  Help me to focus on you and wait patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment