Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Every Day is a Gift

One thing I have learned on this journey is a greater appreciation of the beauty of life.  Every day is truly a gift from God and I want to make the most of every day.  I am thankful for all the blessings in my life.  I heard someone say the other day that their cancer was a gift.  I have been pondering that statement and I believe that it is a gift.  It is a difficult thing to go through, but God has allowed this to happen for a reason and He will use this for His glory. Furthermore, if we allow it to, it brings us closer to God.  We have a choice.  We can rejoice in the midst of difficult circumstances or we can allow it to make us bitter.  It's all about having the right perspective.  I am feeling well today.  We all know that it easier to rejoice and be thankful when are having a good day.  My desire is to be that way all the time.  How is that possible?  By fixing our eyes on Jesus and who He is instead of focusing on our circumstances.  I realize that this is a learning process.  It requires practice and I will fail sometimes, but I am thankful that God is is with me and will help me try again.

I hope you enjoy your day and make the most of it. Thanks for checking in.

Hebrews 12:1-3
 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Colossians 3:15-17
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

James 1:2-4
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 1:17
17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Philippians 4:4-9
 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kelly. You are an inspiration to me... reminding me that we are sojourners on this earth, and our time here is temporary, yet valuable, whether we live long or short lives. Yesterday was Elena's CF visit. Deep down, I know that God has given her as a gift, no matter how short our time is with her. Even in the midst of my deepest fears as a mom, I am learning to surrender those fears, and instead embrace each and every little moment in the face of life's brevity. I am grateful for your perspective...
    I love all those Bible verses!
    Continuing in prayer for you, dear, sweet, and beautiful Kelly!
    love you!
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete