Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good News

I had blood work done today and my white blood cell count and my potassium level went up.  Therefore I will have my second round of chemo tomorrow morning.  My CA 125 test, which is a test that measures cancer antigens in the blood went from 57 before my surgery to 11.  Anything less than 35 is considered normal.  This is definitely an answer to prayer. 

My husband and I went to support groups for the first time tonight.  They have one for cancer patients and survivors and another group for caregivers.  We both enjoyed it and were encouraged.

A dear friend came over Friday and cut my hair for me.  It is very short and continues to come out, but it is much more manageable now.  It will probably be completely gone in a few more days. 

Please pray that they will be able to access my port tomorrow with no trouble.  Thank you so much for taking the time to follow my journey and for praying for me.  I am so blessed to have so many friends to support me during this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment