Monday, November 21, 2011

A Grateful Heart

It has been a little while since I have written, so I want to start with an update.  My labs have been good for the past two weeks.  My potassium was a little low, but it is back within normal range now.  My latest CA 125 test is down to 6.5.  I have been battling what I think is a cold for 3 days now, with the usual sore throat, coughing, and headache.  My husband has been sick as well.  My doctor said to monitor my temperature and if I start to run a fever to call her.  So far my temperature has been normal.  Please pray that I will get well very soon, and that this would not deter me from receiving treatment on November 28th.

Thanksgiving is just three days away.  I am looking forward to seeing family and friends who are coming to visit us. This Thanksgiving is especially meaningful to me, because looking back I realize how much I have to be thankful for.  I am thankful to be alive and to be able to move my arms and hands.  I am thankful for my faithful husband who has taken amazing care of me through this whole experience.  I am thankful for my beautiful daughter, whom I was able to see graduate from high school and begin college.  I am thankful for friends who have been so supportive.  I am thankful for God's provisions.  I could go on and on, but I will stop there.  As we enter this holiday season, I pray that each of you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving and in the midst of the hustle and bustle you would find time to reflect on how much we have to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment