Monday, October 3, 2011

Changing Seasons and Lab Results

It is officially Autumn in Virginia. Sometimes the seasons change gradually giving us time to adjust, but I find that most of the time is happens drastically, pretty much happening overnight.  One day it is 85 and the next 65.  Fall is my favorite season, but there are things that I love about each season.  There are also things that I don't love.  So it is with the seasons of our life.  There are good and bad things that happen with each season we go through.  I am currently in a new season of life and whether I like it or not, it's here and I have to adjust.  I can either adapt and embrace the changes or fight them kicking and screaming.  I am learning how to embrace the changes.  It is so much easier and beneficial to surrender and let God use these changes to help me grow and for His glory. 

I am feeling well today.  I had blood work yesterday and I am thankful to report that everything was normal.  I am scheduled for my third chemo treatment next Monday, providing my blood work is good next Sunday.  I have a follow-up appointment tomorrow with my oncologist.  Thanks for praying for me.  Please continue to pray for me that I will stay healthy, that my blood counts will stay normal, and continued protection from side effects.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

A Time for Everything
 1 There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment